November 25, 2012

Stay in Manila

It has been a while since I last updated this blog...definitely I don't stop keeping my eating records, but I I had no enough time as I had been staying in Manila, Philippines in days. Different from the current Tokyo that is now shifting to winter, Manila was hot with around 30 Celsius degree and squall. Thanks to the hot weather and plenty of tropical fruits, I was very fine and enjoyed staying/eating in Manila:)

I stayed at EDSA Shangri-la Manila, located in a business district. Even so, it was a convenient place as there are several big shopping malls, super markets, etc. around the hotel. Sometimes, the electricity and internet access were suddenly cut off in the hotel that stopped my work and mosquitoes biting me were a bit annoying, however, my stay at Shangr-la was comfortable all in all.
EDSA Shangri-la Manila
Inside of standard room 
Inside of standard room 2
Bathroom 
Room service (mushroom soup and clubhouse sandwich)
Price is reasonable for both accommodation and restaurants in EDSA Shangri-la. Their buffet restaurant named "HEAT" had variety of choice such as western, Chinese, Japanese, Indian, etc. Even if you have any dietary restriction, you would find something to eat there! Chefs and staff are friendly. Breakfast is also served at HEAT and I asked to cook an omelet every morning. The freshly-made omelet gave me a great power for work!
Inside of "HEAT"
Starters 
Chinese dishes 
Roasted beef 
Bread and sushi corner 
Dessert 
Dessert 
If you are finding a hotel in Mania, EDSA Shangri-la is recommendable. Their security level seemed higher than other hotels. Bomb-detection dogs checked every car and our bags and bodies were examined every time. Guests are allowed to go only to the floor of own room located. Safety first! 

EDSA Shangri-la Manila  http://www.shangri-la.com/manila/edsashangrila   

No comments:

Post a Comment