May 30, 2012

Most famous miso ramen in Sapporo

As I wrote in the previous blog, Spporo(札幌) is famous as miso ramen and there are many ramen shops there. Competition is severe. Among those ramen shops, Sumire(すみれ) is probably the most famous and representative in Sapporo. The Sumire's main shop is a bit away from the center of Sapporo, whose access is not so convenient for tourists. However, there are always long queue surrounding the shop and the parking is full. 
However, thanks to the experience and good service, we don't have to wait so longer than expected. As a lot of signatures of celebrities all over the world are decorated on the whole wall, we can kill time by seeing them while we wait. The ramen is very delicious but a bit salty.  Oil is dropped on the surface of the soup to keep it hot. Younger generation would like the strong taste. It was tough for me to eat it up this time, but I remembered that I had eaten up several years ago...(am I getting old?). Anyhow, if you go to Sapporo, I recommend you to go there at least once. You can be proud that you have tasted the authentic Sapporo ramen, particularly the Sumire!

My rating is 3 out of 5. Gochiso-samadeshita!
Sumire(すみれ) http://www.sumireya.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment