July 6, 2013

A favorite Chinese chain in Ueno

When I want to taste Chinese dishes at fair price near my house, one of my choice is "Kamonka (過門香)" just next to the JR Ueno Station (JR上野駅) and the Ueno Park (上野公園). See the previous visit. Kamonka is a chain restaurant which accommodates a lot of customers, but I like their stable and good quality of dishes and service. Interior is chic.   
Non-smoking area of Kamonka Ueno
Shark's fin soup
Dumplings containing hot soup
Sweet-sour pork
Fried rice
Hot tofu
Except some expensive dishes using abalone, etc., most dishes are around JPY1,000-2,000. Dishes may not be super delicious, but I can be always satisfied as their seasoning is just same as what I expect. So to speak, Japanese-style Chinese dishes. They may use less chili pepper, strong-smelly herbs and oil, considering Japanese preference. Their mild but tasty Chinese dishes are recommendable. My rating is 3.7 out of 5. Gochiso-samadeshita!

Kamonka (過門香) http://www.kamonka-tokyo.jp/index.php    

No comments:

Post a Comment