September 26, 2013

Cream roll that I could eat everyday

"Patisserie Mon cher (パティスリーモンシェール)" is a confectionery company of Osaka (大阪). Their main product, cream roll named "Dojima Roll (堂島ロール)" has become a big hit in recent years. Thanks to that, they opened many shops at department stores of major cities in Japan. When just seeing a long queue, I had been skeptical for the cream roll, but...it was really wonderful for their fame.
Dojima Roll with chestnut (Autumn version)
Outside sponge is very soft but springy, airy but moist. No trade-off. Both aspects are well balanced. To make this texture, they may also use rice powder for the sponge. As for inside, much whip cream is contained, which I usually feel heavy stomach. But their light milky cream never makes me so. I feel I could eat everyday:) Now they sell special Dojima Roll with chestnut as Autumn version. It was so delicious that I ate up in few minutes. One Roll costs JPY1,260 and the half costs JPY680. My rating is 3.7 out of 5. Gochiso-samadeshita!

Patisserie Mon cher (パティスリーモンシェール)  http://mon-cher.com/index.html 

No comments:

Post a Comment