September 6, 2012

Favorite creperie

I regularly want to eat galette, French buckwheat crepe for some reason. In Tokyo, the number of cafes/French restaurants offering galette has been increasing compared to before, but the best galette is always the one of creperies of "Le Bretagne (ル ブルュターヌ) " Group. The Group has developed creperies around Tokyo and the one I can frequently go is BREIZH Cafe CREPERIE in Ginza (銀座), just close to Yurakucho Marion (有楽町マリオン).
BREIZH Cafe CREPERIE in Ginza
Inside
Galette with cheese, egg, ham, tomato and mushroom, salad and dry cider 
Crepe with caramel and vanilla ice cream and cappuccino 
Whenever I eat, their galette and crepe are fantastic! The galette is crunchy and delicious. The balance of salty taste is also adequate with the combination of galette and filling. The portion is larger than expectation and I can be full (though big eater men could not be so). 

Crepe for dessert is much softer and sweeter than galette (that is the ordinary image for crepe). Even though I'm full, I can eat. Namely I have room for dessert. My favorite is a crepe with caramel and ice cream. Melting ice cream on the hot crepe is super! Oh, I wanna eat again so soon.

Service and atmosphere are also good. The problem might be price. Not so cheap. Each galette costs more than JPY1,000(approx. USD13) and the highest one is more than JPY2,000. Beverage is from JPY 650. So, if we order as we like, the total cost would be more than you expect. So, I recommend to go at lunch time as they offer reasonable set menu comprising a salad, a galette, a crepe and a beverage at JPY1,680. That's not so bad. My rating for the lunch set is 4 out of 5. Gochiso-samadeshita!

Le Bretagne (ル ブルュターヌ) http://www.le-bretagne.com/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment